[Javascript] Walking the DOM

Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com
Fri Sep 8 14:17:58 CDT 2006

If I have the following markup...

    <li class="anor" id="album01"><a href="album1.html">My Favorite
Photos (58)</a></li>

and... in my javascript I have...

    o=document.getElementById('album01');

How do I reference (with the intent of changing) the content of the
anchor? My goal is to replace the text with an updated number from
the server, but I need a method to replace the text. As a side
question should I be using innerHTML, or is there a better method. If
anyone is using prototype and knows of a method through that library
that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Terry