[Javascript] need guidance to transfer info from one table to another

DeWayne Crenshaw decren at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 09:12:40 CDT 2007

Hello,
I have a form that is filled out, printed, and
snail-mailed to my business. On the form is Table1 &
Table2 which is not relevent to my problem.

Table3 contains an input-textbox; and a push-button to
add a new row to Table4. The button also activates a
script to transfer the information in the text-box to
the new cell in Table4. I originally used cloneNode
which works fine:

// cell 1 - input text
document.getElementById("Table1");
var
el=document.getElementById("textBox").cloneNode(true);
var cell1 = row.insertCell(1).appendChild(el);

but I only want to transfer the text (not the
text-box.) I tried to adapt innerHTML, but am having
trouble doing so. What am I doing wrong?:

// cell 1 - input text
document.getElementById("Table1");
var el = document.getElementById("textBox").innerHTML;
var cell1 = row.insertCell(1).textBox(el);

any assistance would be appreciated...

If you need to see the entire form you can go to the
following address:

http://www.aaronzjukebox.com/R2CDorder1