[Javascript] Fwd: Javascript menus

Nick Wiltshire nick at customdesigns.ca
Sun Apr 8 02:27:58 CDT 2007

On Saturday 07 April 2007 14:06, you wrote:
> At 9:58 PM -0600 4/6/07, Nick Wiltshire wrote:
> >I've written some classes to do some basic JS menus. Why? I need the
> > practise working with JS scope, plus all the menus out there didn't meet
> > my needs or were way overpriced....or simply had too restrictive of a
> > license.
>
> I understand that you're doing something with menus, but what
> specifically are you trying to accomplish? What do you want the menu
> to do?

My goals, in no particular order:

-Flexible menu, in the way you can drop the classes in, and in my case have
PHP make reasonably simple calls to the classes to create the menu separate
from the "library"
-Learn a bit about JavaScript...I've got the basics but it's obviously quirky,
and there's a lot I feel I don't understand well enough
-No "demo" version and pay for a full version. I want anyone to be able to use
it free
-Have a nice clean code base that more experienced JS coders won't point and
laugh at (comes with the point about learning)
-Eventually add every feature one could dream up on a popup menu system