[Javascript] adding numerics in table column

DeWayne Crenshaw decren at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 08:40:46 CDT 2007

Hello,
I have a table with an add-row setup. The table has
several columns but I only need to calculate COLUMN
FOUR. The results go to a textbox via a button. My
code is.....

function sumup() {
 document.getElementById("Table4")
  column = document.getElementsByTagName("colFour");
  document.R2CDorder1.tbTotal.value = column;
<TABLE NAME="Table4" id="Table4">
<COL WIDTH=10*>
<COL WIDTH=139*>
<COL WIDTH=27*>
<COL WIDTH=29*>
<COL WIDTH=27* NAME="colFour" id="colFour">
<COL WIDTH=10*>
<INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="tbTotal">
<INPUT TYPE=BUTTON NAME="pbTest" VALUE="TEST"
onclick="sumup();"./>
.....But when I click pbTest, the result in tbTotal
is.....
[object]
.....What am I doing wrong?

The page is a work-in-progress so there is a lot of
garbage still on it but it is located at:

http://aaronzjukebox.com/R2CDorder1