[Javascript] Spell Checker

John Warner john at jwarner.com
Mon Aug 13 10:25:56 CDT 2007

You said you Perl so this isn't completely JavaScript, but user keys in
word, you submit to your server (AJAX), server submits search term to
Google. Ever notice how if you misspell with Google they ask 'did you mean
...' Use Perl to scrape that response off the 'screen' and send back to
user. On a small traffic site the delays would not be out of hand. BUT this
will not scale and Google is likely to get unhappy if you are doing this a
lot (thousand times a day for example). But it is cheap.

John Warner