[Javascript] RES: RES: What operator is the circumflex accent (^) injavascript?

Alberto Domingo alberto.domingo at uah.es
Thu Aug 30 17:51:39 CDT 2007

Hi Anthony,

I know how bitwise operators work, but never used them before. I found th
symbol ^ in a clearly boolean operation while readding some code from
Xparse, a js XML parser (sorry, don´t have the address around, try Google
:-). It appears there in a boolean operation with a control flag. I just
culdn´t find information in a couple of good web sites and decided to ask
here.

I knew it was JS 101. I couldn´t imagine a response and discussion like this.

Best regards,

Alberto Domingo

>I have been using JS, Perl, PHP for quite some time...I have yet to come
>across a need for it, although I remember seeing it once or twice in other
>peoples' code.
>
>I'm curious how you would use a bitwise OR in JS, and why?
>
>Anthony Ettinger
>Ph: 408-656-2473
>var (bonita, farley) = new Dog;
>farley.barks("very loud");
>bonita.barks ("at strangers");
>
><http://chovy.dyndns.org/resume.html>http://chovy.dyndns.org/resume.html
>http://utuxia.com/consulting

Alberto Domingo

Universidad de Alcalá
Departamento de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular
Edificio de Medicina
Campus Universitario
Alcalá de Henares - 28871
Madrid