[Javascript] INPUT TEXT show last characters

Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com
Thu Feb 1 20:51:17 CST 2007

<head>
  <title>Tester</title>
<script>
function sf()
{
  document.forms.thetext.ci_mytext.focus();
  document.forms.thetext.ci_mytext.scrollTop=1000;
  document.forms.thetext.ci_mytext.scrollLeft=1000;
}
</script>
</head>
<form action="test.html" name="thetext" method=post>
  <input type="text" name="ci_mytext" value="This doesn't sound like
a problem.  Since the text will be a fixed size, you'll determine
that size.">
</form>

This gets it close. If you run this and type a key you will see the
cursor is at the end. It places the cursor at the end but doesn't
scroll for me until I hit a key (both in FF and Safari). Maybe
someone could come up with a way to make this work. It gets close.

If anyone can get it working I am very interested in this as I have a
similar need for this functionality.

Terry