[Javascript] Forward image via http with ajax

Billy Reisinger billy.reisinger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 22:23:03 CST 2007

I know you said you wanted to do this with Javascript, and I don't
have any real input to that end.  So I'll point out the obvious
instead - you could set up a cron job or scheduled task on your
intranet computer to grab the image and upload it to your external
site.  You can always write a bash script (*nix) or a batch file in
windows or something to do command line ftp scripting.
Even better, if you are using OSX, you can use Automator to do it
instead.  Come to think, there might be an analogous thing in
WIndows, but I'm not much of a Windows user these days.

Another option is to use something like Ruby to actually simulate
yourself opening your browser and clicking on a form button to upload
the image.  I think there is a program that people use to do website
testing that automates user interactions like this.  I can't for the
life of me remember what it's called, though.
Just a thought.....