[Javascript] Forward image via http with ajax

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Fri Feb 2 17:31:53 CST 2007

You're talking about taking a single picture, not setting up a streaming video server, right?

You absolutely cannot have the user pick the file they create with the camera?

Can you use Java?  You might need a signed script to not bug the user with lowering their
security.  A Java applet could be called from client-side javascript in your page.

Another option would be to compile an app for download that could use xmlhttp outside the browser
(or FTP, Soap, whatever)  It sounded like you are trying to minimize complexity for the user,
which typically means an increase in complexity for the developer.  :)  Since they're already
accepting the complexity of the camera hookup and software, you might be able to bundle a "does it
all" application to manage it.

Just curious, what do you mean "..without configuring a router to port forward"?