[Javascript] Show/Hide advanced form and submitting

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Feb 6 00:55:43 CST 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:09:40PM +1100, Roland Neilands wrote:
> Bill,
>
> This sounds like what you're after:
> http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/usableforms.html

Thanks!

I'm now moving my "advanced" form fields outside the <form> tag
as explained in the link above to hide them and prevent them from
being submitted.

I originally was going to use a combination of "disabled" and
"display: none" to prevent the hidden form fields from being
submitted.  I suppose it's better to change the structure of the DOM
than to just disable the fields.

BTW -

I wanted to make it so if Javascript is disabled that the advanced
form would show.  The problem with that is with Javascript *enabled*
the form first shows then vanishes when the onLoad event runs.  Kind
of ugly.

So, I now have "display: none" on the advanced form to prevent it from
initially displaying, but that makes the form not display if
javascript is disabled.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org