[Javascript] one scrolls and one does not

Craig Otway otwayc at ednet10.net
Fri Feb 23 10:20:46 CST 2007

We are rookies at JavaScript and need to know if the following is possible:

I am writing a generic report display program that generates a list (report) of variable information. I am looking for a solution to have the variable report information "scrollable" without losing the heading information from the top of the screen.

 My predicament is that "frames" utilizes a fixed set of HTML source code and I am generating the HTML code "on the fly" on a mainframe(more like a CGI program) and sending the code to a server for execution. (No two sets of reports have the same number of lines or the same number of columns, therefore the code has to be generated along with the variable information.)

Example:

<frame src="file:C:/Dreamweaver/heading.html" scrolling="no" noresize>

<frame src="file:C:/Dreamweaver/body.html" scrolling="yes" noresize>

where "heading" is the non-scrollable heading information and "body" is the scrollable report information will work with frames but I don't know what is to go into "heading.html" and "body.html" until each execution of the program therefore I can't have the file (for example) heading.html pre-stored.