[Javascript] Strange margins with scriptaculous

Frank Arensmeier frank.arensmeier at nikehydraulics.se
Mon Jan 8 04:34:17 CST 2007

Hello.

I apologize if my question is more related to CSS than it is to
Javascript.

Yesterday I updated one of my pages with some effects from the
scriptaculous lib. Now, I have some strange problems when showing
divs. When toggling an effect, some divs have a strange bottom
margin. Have a look at:

http://www.nikehydraulics.se/downloads/leaflets_gb.php

Click on one of the categories e.g. "Automotive tools". When the div
slides down, it has a really annoying margin at the bottom (the
larger the content, the larger the bottom margin). When the div is
expanded, the divs below are pushed into the correct positions.  I
might also say that I have noticed this behavior in Safari 2.0.4,
Firefox 2 and Opera 9.02 (all Mac versions). MS Explorer 6 on PC
works as aspected.

Besides that, when "canceling" an effect by hitting the show/hide
triangle once more, Safari (at least) will not push the divs below to
the proper positions. Instead, divs below will overlap with the
expanded div.

The exact same page on my local testing machine, behaves ok.

Hope you get what I mean.

Any ideas? I was not able to get any hints on the scriptaculous site.

/frank