[Javascript] Ajax & proxy question

Matt Murphy matt.murphy at thermofisher.com
Fri Jan 12 10:42:23 CST 2007

All,

our company has a proxy server. Whenever I use an ajax script to request something from the server, if it's going through the proxy it fails. I'm trying to figure out if the HTTPRequest method is a standard port 80 HTTP request to the server? and back? It seems like it is, and therefore should work through the proxy just fine.

Any clues as to what's going on?

If my ajax function does all the screen updating on the client side, and just sends stuff back to the server to update the db, no problem. But if I need to eval some code back from the server, no luck.

Thanks for any help.

Matt