[Javascript] Resizing images client-side

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jul 13 19:38:15 CDT 2007

Troy III Ajnej wrote:

> As I remember (?)Tedd asked about how to disable or prevent the
> client from uploading large pictures, suppose, not bigger than 500k.
>
> All it takes is just a little bit of imagination or creativity.

Ah, it sounded so good until, er, step #1... :-)

> 1. get the picture file to load on the page.

If you mean load the image into the current page -- sorry, can't do
that. The browser security model (wisely) blocks that from happening
when the page in question has been loaded from a remote server.

At least, as far as I can tell. But working code trumps all, so if
you've got some, I'd love to see it...

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                            dream.  code.