[Javascript] ADMIN: Request For New List Owner

David Merchant merchant at LATECH.EDU
Wed Jul 25 09:34:20 CDT 2007

Due to my life's focus, direction, and energies
changing to different paths and goals I have
decided that I need to let someone else own/run
the JavaScript list. LA Tech U wouldn't be OK
with hosting a list owned by someone not employed
(or current student) of Tech so unfortunately I
need to find someone who can move the list to
another server.  I can't believe it's been around
12 years that I've run this list - this list is
made up quality, knowledgeable and helpful
people. It may sound cliché, but it's been an
honor, but it's time to let someone else be so honored :-).

Please contact me off-line if you are interested: <merchant at latech.edu>

BTW, I think whoever takes the list should think
about having co-moderators helping them,
like  the Web Design list does, to help lower the
response time to any occasional problem that
crops up on the list (there is daily maintenance
as well - the list gets hit daily by spammers,
from a few to a half a dozen a day on average.
Plus "uncaught bounce" errors, which probably
could be reduced if I tweaked list settings more
or was more aggressive about unsubbing members
who tend to repeatedly let their email boxes fill up to maximum capacity.)

Regards,
David