[Javascript] Multiple ajax calls onload

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Wed Jul 25 12:22:46 CDT 2007

On 7/25/07, Murphy, Matt <Matt.Murphy at thermofisher.com> wrote:
> I thought I had this ingenious idea, to make a slow-loading page load
> faster, I'd break up the sections into divs, and then call a series of
> ajax functions to populate those divs asynchronously.

according to (1) - the xmlhttprequest object only gets two connections
running anyway

i think the best solution to making a slow-loading page load faster is
to reduce the amount of data that gets downloaded.  If you are sure
you have the smallest/most compressed images you can afford to
sacrifice quality for, and you have only the cleanest markup (free of
deprecated attributes, over classed objects and inline javascript
event registration) then you probably are not going to get much better
performance using workarounds.

(1) http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2006/10/what_i_didnt_know_about_xhr.html

(of course this is only my opinion and might be proven wrong)