[Javascript] Is IE5/Mac Hopeless?

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Sun Mar 4 15:03:56 CST 2007

Bill,

On Mar 2, 2007, at 6:52 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:

> I get errors running IE5/Mac on OSX for:
>
>     http://infopeople.org/
>
> It reports errors, but the error line number the errors shows doesn't
> seem to match up with anything in the javascript files.  Is it
> possible to figure out what IE5 is complaining about, and (more
> importantly) fix it?
>
> Or does everyone at this point just not support IE5 any more?

I still do for most internet facing apps, but not for internal ones.
Users on older macs don't have good browser choices.

The true line number for your external js file can usually be found
by subtracting the line number of the script tag in the html from the
line number given.  I don't have time today to debug for you, but
hopefully finding the correct offending line will speed the process.
Another option is to create a test page with all the javascript
inline.  It isn't a good long term solution, but it can make
debugging in ie/mac easier.

--
Roger Roelofs
Datacomp Appraisal Services