[Javascript] animation algorithm

Billy Reisinger billy.reisinger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 19:41:53 CDT 2007

One - half of a sine wave's period traces a nice curve, close enough
to the bell curve for animation easing.  That would be a really
simple algorithm to use.  If you really want fine grained control
over the easing, I suggest using a Bezier curve.  If you google
"Bezier curve javascript", you are likely to find a ton of
resources.  Heck, you can probably cut/paste something pretty readily
- this is one of those oft-solved (and interesting) programming
puzzles.  Actually, I think i have a link.... ah: http://pupius.co.uk/
download/articles/bezier_curves/

Enjoy!