[Javascript] Invisible window?

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Sat Mar 24 15:29:55 CDT 2007

    What if your window.open command puts the window's top and left coordinates offscreen?  For example, you could have a 100x100 window that opens at -200x-200.  If that doesn't work, you could go for the "guess how high their monitor res might be" approach and set top/left at something ungainly like 5000x5000.

Just a thought...

Peter

From: tedd tedd at sperling.com

Lee:

Nothing here is done behind the user's back. But considering that you asked.

I am developing a CAPTCHA that is accessible for the visually
impaired -- in the final stages of testing. So that I don't have to
use Flash to deliver the sound, I use javascript and background html
tags to deliver it. Unfortunately, there is a momentary flash of the
"play sound" window when the user activates the speech button.

Considering that I am developing this FOR sighted developers, the
momentary flash may be a deterrent for implementation of this
technique. I know that the visually impaired don't care, but they are
not the ones I am providing this code for.

So, back to the question -- while the answer is probably "no", is
there a way to stop a window from presenting itself to a sighted user?

Thanks,

tedd

---

-------