[Javascript] window location hash

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Sat Mar 24 20:56:07 CDT 2007

Guillaume,

On Mar 24, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Guillaume wrote:

> Thanks for your reply... I'm not sure of what you mean... I've
> tryed the solution below by setting 2 different values for the same
> destination.
> But the bug remains visible in Safari.
> Here's a test page: http://www.hablablow.com/devX/hash/hashG.html
>
> Any other ideas someone ( with Safari under hands )....

I  just tried your sample page in safari 2.0.4.  The reload button
changed to the stop icon, but nothing else bad seemed to happen.  I
also tried it in a recent Webkit version and the icon did not
change.  I tried changing your file so the hash was set only once,
but it seems that safari doesn't even like that.  The worst part
about this bug seems to be that you can no longer reload the page by
clicking the refresh button.  Instead, you have to click in the
address bar and press return.  Having the hash in a link <a
href="#bottom">click</a> seems to work without triggering the error,
but then you end up trying to simulate a mouse click with is a pain
to do cross-browser.

If you just want the page to scroll, you could use something like this

function bottH() {
   window.scrollTo(0, document.body.clientHeight);
}

function upH() {
   window.scrollTo(0, 0);
}