[Javascript] automatic filling of login field

Bernu Bernard bernu at lptmc.jussieu.fr
Fri May 4 12:08:09 CDT 2007

Thanks for all response.

Actually, we would like to avoid to store login and password in
cookies and we are looking for solutions without going on the server.
So we look for browser capabilities (of course, it is up to the user
to keep or not such possibilities) .

In fact, I found that most browsers recognize a login form like:
<form method="post" ... >
	<input type="text" name="xxx"/>
	<input type="password" name="yyy"/>
</form>

The autocomplettion works perfectly with  a standard submit, where a
new html page is sent.

The question is : how to do that with ajax ?
In ajax-like method, the problem comes from the onsubmit of the form
which ends with a return false and thus prevent the browser from
saving the login/password.

Bernard