[Javascript] Passing parameters to a new page

Del Wegener del at delweg.com
Wed May 16 09:40:01 CDT 2007

Good Morning;

On my algebra website I have a button labed QUIZ at several location on each
of many pages.  Each of these locations has a NAME.  The intent is that
clicking on this button takes me to a new page which presents an interactive
quiz on the material associated with the location of the particular button
that was clicked.

Is there any way for me to pass NAME to the new page ?  I would like to
avoid server-side programming like PERL or PHP.

If I can do that, then the quiz can select the appropriate questions from a
flat-file database of questions.  Otherwise I will need a separate quiz page
for each of the buttons.  They would be identical except for one variable
containing NAME.  I have that working but would like to replace it with a
more efficient method.  In total there may well be over a thousand such quiz
pages.

Thanks for any help.

Del