[Javascript] Unobtrusive Javascript

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon May 21 22:02:23 CDT 2007

On 5/21/07, Mike Dougherty <mdougherty at pbp.com> wrote:
> When reviewing code people post to this list, are we remiss if we don't
> point out the benefit of Unobtrusive Javascript?

Yes.

Unless it's clear that the answer was simply a quick demo to get the
idea across.

Often I will ignore UJ principles because the solution is clearer in
this medium if I give the obtrusive alternative. Typically I will make
some comment about how this isn't the "most correct" way to do this,
to head off any comments from UJ proponents.

Example from a couple hrs ago:
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20070521/189958.html

Oh how it pained me to type those innerHTML's, btw.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA