[Javascript] Problem with dynamic combo box in IE6

James Leslie james.leslie at transversal.com
Wed May 30 11:53:33 CDT 2007

Hi,

First post, so hopefully I have followed all conventions!

I have adapted one of Christian Heilmann's scripts for dynamic combo
boxes so that the select boxes have a size attribute of the length of
their list, to enable an 'ebay' style.
This seems to work fine in all browsers but IE6 which requires either
one of the boxes to be clicked or the browser to be resized in order for
the correct sizing to be shown.

I guess it is some IE bug to do with the way 'that' browser runs the
script, but being primarily a CSS/html man, I am a bit lost as to what I
can do about it.

Any help gratefully received!

Demo version is here with the JavaScript in the head:
http://jamestesting.metafaq.com/clients/jamestesting/combobox.html
<http://jamestesting.metafaq.com/clients/jamestesting/combobox.html>

Thanks in advance,
James