[Javascript] Grab close window call

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Tue Apr 1 09:05:27 CDT 2008

At 2:06 PM +0100 4/1/08, Alan Easton wrote:
>Thanks Tedd,
>
>So what you are saying is get rid of the check, and just do a ajax
>call straigha way, so something like:

It doesn't have to be ajax -- it just has to record in your dB that
the user closed the window. How you do that is of no concern to the
user, is it?

My point was simply to leave the user alone with what they want and
expect to do.

My Safari browser occasionally, for no apparent reason, reports back
to me "Do you really want to quit" and I always think "Yes, dummy --
that's why I selected quit!"

I never want any of my work to be thought of as "dumb". Respect the
user's actions with small stuff and confirm with important stuff.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------