[Javascript] IE work-a-round question (re: checkboxes)

J. Lester Novros II lester at denhaag.org
Sat Apr 12 09:13:27 CDT 2008

Dear Tedd,

This may be too obvious but whenever I get confronted with such a
quandary, the first thing I do is alert the offending element/variable in
xPloder to see what /it/ thinks my code should do, i.e.

function HideTimedLayer(id)
     {
     document.getElementById(id).style.display = "none";
     var id2 = 'c' + id[2] + id[3];

     alert(id2 + '\n' + document.getElementById(id2));

//    document.getElementById(id2).checked = true;
     }

m$' poor excuse for its equiv of the Fox's DOM Inspector might also be
helpful: it allows you to see what xPloder's, admittedly dim, view of the
DOM of your document is so you can check (the IDs of) your elements.

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E59C3964-672D-4511-BB3E-2D5E1DB91038&displaylang=en>

Oh, and FWIW, I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of m$ holding
back tech developments. I, too, suffer daily.

Just my 0.02 Eur.

l8R lES
--
"I think a lot more of Apple than I do of MSFT, but then I'd rather catch
rabies than AIDS..."                                           /. comment