[Javascript] IE work-a-round question (re: checkboxes)

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sat Apr 12 09:49:28 CDT 2008

tedd wrote:

> It may not work in all cases and was not the reason for failure with my
> current problem.

Sure it is -- it *doesn't* work in IE. Period.

A simple `alert(id[2])` would show you, in IE, "undefined".

So the 'id2' you're passing to the next statement is invalid. That
*is* the reason document.getElementById() fails.

OTOH, the change I suggested *does* work in IE as well as FF/Safari.

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.