[Javascript] IE work-a-round question (re: checkboxes) OT

John Warner john at jwarner.com
Sat Apr 12 16:37:08 CDT 2008

I’m always amazed that it is called wasting time to make your code work with IE. Last I checked IE is 70 to 80% of all browsers out there. What puzzles me is why anyone would set out to code to 30% of browsers and then tweak to fit 70%, seems backwards to me. Like, hate, or whatever MS this just seems backwards to me. Argue all you want about standards or whatever, I live in the real world and try to code accordingly.  I’m reminded of the fellow who is standing in the pouring rain cursing the rain, like somehow this will make the rain stop. Get used to it, sometimes it rains, that is the real world.

John Warner