[Javascript] IE onclick problem

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Tue Apr 15 20:44:25 CDT 2008

Hey Cutter & all,

I tried doing as you have below, without the
return, but that didn't work either.

I also placed an alert at the very top of the JS
function addPlayer, but it never shows, so I'm
thinking that it never reaches the function.

But I will keep looking into the addPlayer
function as you suggest.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Skip

Cutter (JSRelated) wrote:
> You wouldn't do onclick="return addPlayer()", but rather just
> onclick="addPlayer()". Not unless there was a really valid reason for
> doing so. If I had to guess, your addPlayer() method is at issue here,
> with some internal functionality that is breaking because it isn't
> properly written for cross browser implementation.
>
> Steve "Cutter" Blades
> Adobe Certified Professional
> Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer

Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC
503 S Baldwin St, #1
Madison, WI 53703