[Javascript] DOM not yet loaded

(Margaret) Michele Waldman mmwaldman at optonline.net
Tue Aug 19 13:51:51 CDT 2008

I was wondering how folks handle the case where the document has not yet
loaded and you want to manipulate dynamic elements and do things like resize
the frame in an onload trigger function.

What I wound up doing was seeing if critical elements existed yet and things
like checking the height of an image to make sure it's loaded.

I wasn't sure how else to see if the document was ready in the onload
trigger.

Better ways?

I found a jquery dom.ready function, but I didn't want to download jquery
just for that.

Margaret Michele

Sovereign Sites L.L.C.

Website Development