[Javascript] Ajax - New Page

(Margaret) Michele Waldman mmwaldman at optonline.net
Tue Aug 19 17:50:23 CDT 2008

It would be a general thing.

Ajax in the classic form creates an xml object and calls a php script.

When the server finishes with the php script, it returns xml.

However, if the page that originally called the php script is no longer in
the client's browser and error is generated by the xml.

You can look at the website: http://www.wantedgaming.com/shop.

Click the right box alternating breaking/game news over repeatedly.  They
are both ajax pages.  Eventually, the xml error will occur because the
client is switching out the pages faster than the server is returning the
xml object.

Maybe, I should switch to the script element version of Ajax instead.

This would not be a normal use of the website.