[Javascript] Prevent Prototype Ajax from firing twice

Darren West darren.west at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:14:13 CST 2008

If you mean some form of client-side cache then you might want to implement
a caching wrapper for the AJAX object. I'm not sure theres any public
examples for prototype but theres a pattern here
http://ajaxpatterns.org/Browser-Side_Cache. If you mean you dont want the
script to fire another request if one is already awaiting a response then
you can either disable the call to action and/or implement some form of flag
in your script.

Darren