[Javascript] external script

Steven Chipman sgchipman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:52:09 CST 2008

On 1/27/08, Troy III Ajnej <trojani2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to retrieve the content of an external javascript file?
>  That is, see its code by using alert method or something similar to it.

Here's a bookmarklet[1] I wrote a few years ago that walks over
everything that descends from the window object and attempts to
separate out functions/booleans/numbers/objects etc that are defined
in javascript and lists them in tree format. It intentionally skips
over native objects.

Its not exactly what you want, but may point you in the right direction.

[1] http://slayeroffice.com/tools/js_tree/js_tree.js

--
S.G. Chipman
Software Engineer, Portrait Artist