[Javascript] Stop button from firing

Michael Borchers list at tridemail.de
Thu Jan 31 08:55:40 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Borchers
  To: [JavaScript List]
  Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:52 PM
  Subject: [Javascript] Stop button from firing

  I have a little script that creates new rows with prototype.
  When constantely hitting the executing button some rows share the same index.

  How can I make my script wait getting finished before getting fired again?

  Thanks

  function JSONAddIndexedRow(numRowsIndex, addToElement, JSONUrl, direction) {
   if($(numRowsIndex)) {
    var numRows = parseInt($F(numRowsIndex));
   }

   if(JSONUrl != '') {
    new Ajax.Request(JSONUrl + '?num_rows=' + numRows,
         {
          method:'post',
            onSuccess: function(JSON) {
           if(JSON != null) {
            var JSONRows  = JSON.responseText;

            if(direction == '') {
             direction = 'after';
            }

            if($(numRowsIndex).value = numRows+1) {
             if($(addToElement)) {
              switch(direction) {
               case 'after':
               new Insertion.After($(addToElement), JSONRows);
               break;

               case 'before':
               new Insertion.Before($(addToElement), JSONRows);
               break;

               case 'bottom':
               new Insertion.Bottom($(addToElement), JSONRows);
               break;

             case 'top':
             new Insertion.Top($(addToElement), JSONRows);
             break;
      );

ok, here is a simple trick so far:)

if($F(numRowsIndex) != numRows+1) {