[Javascript] JS eyedropper tool?

J. Lester Novros II lester at denhaag.org
Sat Jun 14 06:08:57 CDT 2008

Skip Evans wrote:
> I'm trying to find a tool similar to the eye
> dropper tool in PhotoShop, but implemented with JS
> that would allow the site visitor to use a pointer
> to display the color hex value of any point on the
> page.

The Firefox extension Colorzilla does exactly that:

    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/271>

> Anyone know of such a script, or tips how to
> create one?

Maybe it helps if you pull it apart and have a look at the JavaScript it
uses..?

l8R lES
--
"I think a lot more of Apple than I do of MSFT, but then I'd rather catch
rabies than AIDS..."                                           /. comment