[Javascript] Syntax Checking

Del Wegener del at delweg.com
Wed Jun 25 11:52:25 CDT 2008

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:11 AM, Del Wegener <del at delweg.com> wrote:
>> Yesterday I spent more than an hour hunting for what turned out to be a
>> missing single quote in a 1612 line Javascript file.  Is there a good
>> syntax
>> checker that I could use to find such errors?  A validation checker?
>
> I recommend writing shorter procedures and testing them as you go  :)

This is a data file not a procedure.  I do check as I go.  Evidently while
working in the file I "bumped" the wrong key or in some other way deleted
the quote and everything stopped working.

However, I have found a pretty good syntax checker in Antechinus Javascript
Editor.  Sorry to have bothered the list with a problem I should have solved
long ago by myself.

Del