[Javascript] Grab close window call

Alan Easton alaneaston666 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 17:26:10 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I have a problem, which I am not sure is solvable.

I have a pop up window on my site, that launches a chat window. Now, I would like to set a flag in my database, when someone ends the chat. Easy done, if someone clicks the "End Session" link in the window, but what if someone simply closes the window by the normal means of clicking "close" icon in the top right of the window.

Ideally, I would like to grab that call, and set an Ajax call to update my database.

Is this possible?

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan...