[Javascript] Adding scriptlet to favourites menu via javascript (IE 6+)

JS Student tuofamerikazmostwanted at gmail.com
Tue May 27 06:09:28 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am sorry if this has been asked already.

I have a scriptlet on my website that I want to add to the user's
favorites menu (Internet Explorer 6+). I am using:

window.external.AddFavorite(url,title);

This works fine when the url is "http:" protocol based but it wont let
me add a "javascript:" url. The error I get is permission denied.

This is my code:

/*BEGIN CODE*/
// JavaScript OnClick handler:
function addScriptletToFavs() {
   var url = "JavaScript:myfucn();void();";
   var title = "My Scriptlet";

   window.external.AddFavorite(url,title);
}

// HTML code for button:
<input type="button" value="Add to Favourites"
onclick="JavaScript:addScriptletToFavs();" />

/*END CODE*/

Can anybody please help me in this regard?

Thanks in advance.

Aaron.