[Javascript] IE attachEvent question

John Warner john at jwarner.com
Fri Oct 17 09:14:36 CDT 2008

First the target for this is IE only and anyone who sees this via the
intranet with another browser, we don't care. My question I want to
simplify a bit of  client code on a page that gets loaded. To keep
everything separate we have been using attachEvent to add onFocus events to
several controls. The question is, is there anyway I can pass a parameter
to the event code itself. I noticed several of the events are basically the
same code except for determining the html tag. I'd like to just pass the
control to the event handler and then just fire the code and reuse that
function. Can anyone help here? Thanks if this seems simple, JavaScript is
really not my area.

John Warner