[Javascript] variable DIV

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Feb 12 08:23:42 CST 2009

On [Feb 12], at [ Feb 12] 6:10 , tedd wrote:

> At 11:01 AM -0500 2/11/09, Rick Pasotto wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:33:44AM -0500, tedd wrote:
>>>
>>> You can have a variable in css IF you encapsulate it in php -- I
>>> describe it here:
>>>
>>> http://sperling.com/examples/pcss/
>>
>> Your example doesn't work because '#content h2' has a greater
>> specificity than 'h2' so even though 'h2' is defined later,
>> '#content h2'
>> takes precedence.
>
> My example is how to use a variable in css AND that does work.
>
> If you don't know how to use the technique, then that's a different
> matter. In short, don't blame the technique because you can't program.

For lack of an active administrator, I'll go ahead and point out that
this is inappropriate.

The original poster asked for advice on manipulating styles *based on
the window size*.  Window size only exists client-side, so PHP doesn't
help there.  And even if it did, this is a *JavaScript-specific* list.
If you don't have anything to say about JavaScript, please take it off-
list.

And even if you do have something to say about JavaScript, if you
can't say it without resorting to personal insults, please take that
off-list as well.

Peace,
Scott