[Javascript] Try and Catch Question

MEM talofo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 07:51:35 CST 2009

Ok... we have to have patience with me, sorry, here it goes:

So you are saying that the (e) is there so we can identify what as being
thrown. Why? Because if we identify what as being thrown we can use that
identifier somehow, for example,
If "we want to ignore some errors but we want to respond to others". Is this
assumption correct?

The fact that we cannot have a catch() without something inside is because
we are not defining WHAT we want to catch, but that supposes that, with a
catch(), we can catch more than exceptions. Right?
But is that really important to distinguish what kind of catch are we having
there? I mean, since the procedure is the same for no matter what is catch
by the catch function, why can't we have a simple catch(), for the cases
that we don't want to distinguish the exceptions? I'm sure someone have
thinking this before, and there is a reason why we cannot have catch()
alone. That's probably the main reason why I can't fully understand, in some
cases, (because the other cases you have already told me) why oh why, we
need something inside the ().

Ps- I've really search on the net for this, but it seems like everybody
explains how to do the "try catch" thing, but they don't explain properly
what each part of the "try catch" really means.

Thanks a lot once again,
Márcio