[Javascript] Activity Indicator Stopping

Philip Thompson philthathril at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:55:01 CST 2009

Hi all.

I'm using Mootools to implement an ajax request. I'm using the "spinner" option to have a nice lil indicator that something's actually happening. This appropriately shows and hides the indicator (animated gif). However, it's only animated during the first ajax request. If I click the button a second time to perform an action, the indicator shows up, but it's not animated.

Do you have any thoughts on why it would stop animating after the first ajax request? This occurs on FF & Safari on a Mac and in IE8 on Windoze.

Thanks in advance,
~Philip

"innerHTML is a string. The DOM is not a string, it's a hierarchal object structure. Shoving a string into an object is impure and similar to wrapping a spaghetti noodle around an orange and calling it lunch."