[Javascript] Javascript and FF

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:21:23 CDT 2009

Hello Del,

> In the past I assumed that the statement in line 189
> function process_form(calculator)
> did declare/define calculator.

No, in fact it never did!

That's an internal local function argument/variable.

> I found the same error and am confused.
> calculator is the name of the form.

So it is a a name/id of a html element you are referring there!

Therefore, you were accessing that element directly by id/name.

> If that is no longer valid, what is? Where do I find such information?

Lots of declarations instructions and values throughout the script

are depending on that element. So, missing that element will cause

a general failure.

Therefore declaring:

var calculator = document.getElementById('calculator');

(anywhere in your script)

May just bring it all back on gear. Cause there's no other 'true' error

there.

Regards.
                                      Troy III
                         progressive art enterprise