[Javascript] JavaScript error reporting

J. Lester Novros II lester at denhaag.org
Tue Sep 1 18:26:26 CDT 2009

Paul Novitski wrote:
> can see the purpose of retaining certain low-level error messages for
> a client who can either fix the problem or let me know there is one,
> but I would want the messages to be for their eyes only. One way to

How about

    if (window.opera)
       opera.postError(msg);
    else if (typeof console != 'undefined' && console)
       console.log(msg);

This works unobstrusively in Opera, Safari and Firefox with Firebug installed.

Also, there's Firefox's 'dump()' command [so one wouldn't need Firebug]
but so far I haven't been able to get that to work.

My 0.02 Eur.

l8R lES
--
Microsoft's business practices have fundamentally diminished (in fact,
came very close to eliminating) competition, choice and innovation in