[Javascript] Alternative ways to "popup" images?

David Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Thu May 13 12:42:10 CDT 2010

What I've done in similar situations involves fixing one dimension (usually the height), preserve the aspect ratio of the original picture, and then use CSS fades to move between the current photo and the subsequent one.  It gets rid of the "slide-transition" problem you described.

Of course, that is merely my subjective preference.  You may have something else in mind.

-- Dave Lovering