[Javascript] google webFont loader

jeffrey morin rufus2021 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 09:49:00 CDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com>wrote:

> On May 26, 2010, at 7:42 AM, jeffrey morin wrote:
>
>  I know this is new and still in beta but i can't get the webfont.load to
>> work for google fonts. I went so far as to copy and paste their example
>> and
>> it doesn't work. It fails silently as far as console goes but when I check
>> Safari's Activity Window it says that the web font file doesn't exist. It
>> returns this as the location it's checking.
>>
>> file://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine%7CCantarell
>>
>> I think it is supposed to be going to here instead maybe? This is the
>> location given when loading the fonts with just CSS.
>>
>> http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine%7CCantarell
>>
>> Has anyone tried this or know anything about it?
>>

> I've used it and haven't had that problem.  Do you have a page online we
> can look at?
>
> Peace,
> Scott

i was just doing this locally. i don't have access to a server to play with
at work. i literally copied the quick example google put up there though.
did you have to call it with google.load to make this work? it says that is
an option but i thought you could just directly call the webfont.js script
in the head.

http://code.google.com/apis/webfonts/docs/webfont_loader.html#Example

Thanks,
Jeff