[Javascript] Script removed by snapshot save in Firefox

Alberto Domingo alberto.domingo at uah.es
Mon Jan 3 07:00:51 CST 2011

Hello everybody,

Do you know the origin of this new behavior of Firefox with javascript?
I know this is not the best forum for a Firefox question, but I
couldn't get information in any other place.

I use a lot javascript and html to create other pages. I do it for my
personal use, so there is nothing obscure behind.

I use firefox because the generated code can be saved and creates a
working page. I use to create not only the html code but also
javascript scripts, I have been doing this for years, and everything
was perfect, but for some reason (update? Plugins? Complements?) now
the contents of the script tag is replaced by this text:

/* Script removed by snapshot save */

Not only in the html document, but also if this document calls an
external .js file, the file contents is replaced by the same text when saved.

The same happens when I save any page. I used to save all (at least
many) scripts present or called in the page, but not any more.

I am using Firefox 3.6.13 (the latest, I think)

Any idea about the origin? Is it possible to disable this feature?
(In my firefox, of course!! I don't want to break any security of
others, just save pages as I used to do it)

Thanks in advance.

Alberto.