[Javascript] code licencing

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 01:17:21 CDT 2011

Thanks for your input Scott, I'm not a
lawyer either, but I think most of the
people will find it very hard to agree
with this commonsense prejudice.

>you can't license the code you
> don't own.

Of course - ethically - But...
That statement overrules itself;
-how else do you "own the code" (legally),
except by licensing it?!

Meaning, you can licence any literature,
code, or scientific discovery you like
as long as you have it and it's not
already registered under some other licence
code and holder.

I totaly agree with you when you say:

>ownership falls by default to the person
>who wrote the code

Because it should! (Ethically).
And it /de facto/ does;
[as long as he keeps it with himself].
But as soon as he has released and set it
free to the world, it neither /de facto/
nor /de jure/ is true anymore.

Because of a simple fact: there is no way
of proving it.

I don't know - but as far as I remember
even when sending a book for a revision
or something; to protect your authorship -
you are advised to post a separate sealed
copy of the same to your address - and of
course never open it until the day it
finally gets released by your publisher,
or has ben requested by the court of
justice as a material proof of your
authorship.

Otherwise the first one who licensed it,
-is the legal owner of your intellectual
property.

Ironically, there may even be members of
the jury who actually heard of you and
privately 'know' that you are the one who
wrote it - but that's worth of about two
dead flies on the face of Justice...

Otherwise I might be missing your point.

Cheers.
               Troy III
      progressive art enterprise