[Javascript] HTML5 History API + caching opensourced

rene7705 rene7705 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 07:46:32 CDT 2012

Hi Folks :)

I just wanted to let you know I've been adopting/developing the HTML5
History API + fallbacks + caching features, and the result is really sweet
I think.. It allows you to have a site that sends many content pages in the
first HTTP call, changes the window.location.href without doing a
round-trip to the server and thus flicker your screen to full white, gets
indexed by search-engines just fine, and just provides a more pleasant
browsing experience I think.

It's all opensourced and documented at (the source of) http://mediabeez.wsand
http://mediabeez.ws/blog/html5-history-plus-caching

Hope it will be of some use to you all.

However, my new site structure doesn't work (well) on mobile devices or
iPads or IE8 yet.
Such compatibility issues are high on my to-do list and will probably be
addressed soon.

Have a nice day,
 rene7705.