[Sysadmin] going through donations made me think of leo

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sat Aug 2 13:16:04 CDT 2003

On Aug 2, Elfur Logadottir had something to say about [Sysadmin] going...

>Howdy guys,
>
>as you might have noticed earlier, i have been going through our donations,
>making sure all monies have been added to the donation bar on eo, which now
>is completely up to date btw.

cool.

>after doing that i realised that in the past few months we have gotten
>enough donations to put leo on it's own '$100 pr. month' box for at least a
>year.
>
>so i'm thinking, maybe we should seriously consider doing that.

wait, why? is there a problem with where it is right now?

I checked both theforumarchive and steeringarchive and didn't see anything
that suggested there was a problem with its current home. I've been out of
the loop (minus this list) for a long time, so I'm just asking for a "why"
explanation.

Sure, we have money now (how much is actually from legitimate donations
since we've put up the donation bar? a couple thousand?), but our problem
has always been sustaining it.

If you just want a recommendation, and then [insert group here] will
decide whether we should do it, ok. But, I think we also shouldn't be
wasting our time if there's really no reason to move.

Just asking for some info. Thanks, Elfur.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com